Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse Behavioral Health in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington is seeking to hire a Registered Nurse to join the Adult Behavioral Health Team.
The address is 800 W. Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX 76012
Salary Range: Min. $25.00/hr to Max.$50.40/hr - Based on relevant experience
• Full Time 36 hours per week, (3) 12 hour rotating shifts per week.
Rotating weekends and holidays.
As an RN in the Adult Behavioral Health Department, you will assist and help coordinate patient care. The essential job duties of this position are:
• Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
• Attention to emotional, social, and self-esteem needs
• Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
• Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
• Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
• Knowledge of human development across the life span
• Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories
• Provides safe patient care as evidenced by
• Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
• Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
• Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
• Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
• Handling of the body with care
• Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
• Calling patients by their preferred name
• Demonstrating use of eye contact and physical contact appropriately
• Speaking respectfully and professionally in a soothing tone
• Understanding others frame of reference
• Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate's Degree Nursing RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. Required
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing preferred
• 1 year of experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required.
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support. Upon Hire Required And
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire
• ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 6 Months Required Or
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training. 30 Days Required And
• ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 12 Months Required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.