HCA, Hospital Corporation of America PCU Registered Nurse 5K Sign on in Augusta, Georgia
[Doctors Hospital of Augusta]
* *5K Sign-On bonus available to qualified candidates Be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.Join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Progressive Care* RN*.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
- Employee stock purchase program
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Flex spending
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee discount program
At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. We are currently looking for a compassionate and dedicated PCU RN to join our PCU team.
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team, theProgressive Care Unit Registered Nurseis responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will monitor cardiac and other critical vital signs and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- You will respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring.
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies.
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed).
What qualifications you may need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 1 year of hire/transfer date
Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Written certification in Basic and Advance Rhythm Interpretation upon hiresuccessfully completed within 1 year of hire.
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350 plus bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an Accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As anACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare,the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: PCU Registered Nurse 5K Sign on
Location: Georgia-Augusta-Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta
Requisition ID: 01417-13467