HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Electrophysiology (EP) Lab in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as aRegistered Nurseyou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare as anElectrophysiology (EP) Lab Registered Nurse.
AtSt. David’s South Austin Medical Centerwe want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicatedElectrophysiology (EP) Lab Registered Nurselike you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary As theElectrophysiology (EP) Lab Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for identifying patient needs and priorities for care through assessment and planning that is consistent with the patient’s expectation of treatment. You will admit and assess patients, provide medication administration, circulate and scrub diagnostic and interventional cases and procedures, and provide direct and indirect patient care. You will also order supplies, maintain inventory, and support process improvement within the Cardiology department.
- You will manage patients with suspected or documented history of cardiac disease undergoing diagnostic or interventional procedures
- You will complete and document a patient assessment, and reassess patient condition as needed
- You will administer medications, including monitoring and documenting response
- You will monitor the patient’s overall status pre, during, and post-procedure
- You will communicate patient changes to physician
- You will manage patients with potentially life-threatening dysrhythmia or hemodynamic change through physician’s orders by using medication and emergency equipment
- You will explain procedures to patient’s and assess their understanding
- You will safely defibrillate, cardiovert, and pace using pacer-defibrillator
- You will schedule procedures, including entering reservations
- You will maintain narcotic counts on a daily basis St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcarehas been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for ourElectrophysiology (EP) Lab Registered Nurseopening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Experience * 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) * 1 year of Critical Care and/or Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology (IR), or Electrophysiology (EP) experience * 2 years of Electrophysiology (EP) Lab experience – preferred Education * Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program Licenses and Certifications * Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire * Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy * Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Electrophysiology (EP) Lab
Location: Texas-Austin-South Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00196-76197