Greater Baltimore Medical Center Certified Nursing Assistant in Baltimore, Maryland
Under direct supervision assists the professional nurse in providing direct and indirect patient care.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
At least 6 months experience in direct patient care preferred
· Ability to read and write English in order to provide basic patient care, to understand and communicate detailed instructions relating to basic patient care, and perform simple calculations in order to take and record weights, vital signs, and routine information in patient charts
· Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, visitors, physicians, and other staff in a courteous manner.
· Competent to safety handle medications
· Heart Saver (CPR Certification)
· Current registration with State of Maryland Board of Nursing Examiners of Nurses as a Certified Nursing Assistant
§ Ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail when performing basic patient care tasks
§ Ability to walk and stand up to ninety percent (90%) of work time and ability to lift and position patients
§ Normal patient care environment with exposure to noise, dust, and temperature
§ Occasional (up to fifty percent of work time) exposure to adverse working conditions due to patient care activities and potential exposure to communicable diseases
Conditions of Employment
· Maintain current certification with MBON
· Maintain current certification in CPR.