Greater Baltimore Medical Center Registered Nurse 2- SA in Baltimore, Maryland
This is a Registered Nurse 2, Supplemental A position, please refer to the chart below for an overview of the Supplemental A Commitment Requirements.
COMMITMENT Unit Based – 24 hours/4 weeks
WEEKEND COMMITMENT 12 Weekend Hours Per 4 Week Schedule
MAJOR HOLIDAY COMMITMENT Major Holiday Commitment: (Minimum of one 12-Hour shift). One (1) holiday shift per year. Holidays defined as: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve night shift, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve night shift, and New Year's Day.
RN2s must have an Associate's Degree from an accredited School of Nursing; Bachelor's degree preferred. For all nurses hired after 2012, Bachelor's degree required within 3 years of the start date. RN2s must have at least one year of RN experience.
Under general supervision, provides direct patient care to assigned patients.
Associate Degree from an accredited School of Nursing required; BSN preferred. For all nurses hired after 2012, Bachelor's degree required within 3 years of start date.
One year Registered Nurse experience required
· Proficiency in developing nursing plan of care, implementing effective nursing care, and evaluating outcome of nursing intervention.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Effective planning and organizational skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Strong analytical skills
· Effective skills in use of computer programs
· Demonstrates skill in patient experience and service recovery
· Current registration with the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Nurses as a Registered Nurse.
· Completion of "Healthcare Provider" CPR course, bi-annually.
· Ability to stand and walk almost constantly up to 90% of work time and lifting and positioning patients up to 50% of work time.
· Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail and often in stressful situations.
· Normal patient care environment with possible exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature.
· Exposed to adverse working conditions due to performance of patient care activities and exposure to communicable diseases.
Conditions of Employment
· Maintain current licensure and certifications.