Artis Senior Living Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN - Full-Time in Briarcliff Manor, New York
Our Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN’s) are called Coordinators of Health and Wellness and the role will provide direct care for the physical and emotional needs of our residents on a day to day basis as directed by Director of Health and Wellness. The Coordinator of Health and Wellness provides adequate and sufficient services to meet the needs of the assisted living resident and to assure that preventative measures, restorative service and related support services are carried out, recorded and reviewed.
Essential Position Functions:
- Takes an active role in direct resident assessment, development of service plan, introductory and care.
- Oversees and implements the self-administered medication management program for residents.
- Administers medication and/or treatment to residents in accordance with LMA and physician orders.
- Responsible for documentation related to resident activity.
- Communicates resident pertinent data to the appropriate responsible party.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of residents.
- Supervises and coordinates Care Partners and Home Health Aides in providing direct resident care in adherence to State, Federal and Artis guidelines.
- Puts resident service first: Ensures that residents and responsible parties receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Assists in the marketing of the community by touring and participating in public relation events; establishing relationships with potential resident referral sources.
- Assist with resident move-in and relocations; help residents orient to their new surroundings and to community personnel.
Performs other duties as requested. Education/Experience:
The Coordinator of Health and Wellness must be a graduate of an approved school for practical or vocational nursing and must be currently licensed by the State Board of Nursing.
- Experience is preferred in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.