Cano Health Nurse Practitioner - Physio in Brownsville, Texas
Under the direction of a licensed physician, provides medical services to patient using approved
patient care protocols; collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic
procedures, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations and provides
direct patient care services. Formulates and implements treatment and therapeutic plans for
Provides comprehensive clinical primary patient care through interviewing, examining and
establishing treating plan for patients to meet their health and wellness needs.
• Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications consistent with
Medical Standards for patients and orders studies, tests, and ancillary care services as
• Creates medically appropriate referrals
• Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence-based care and best clinical
• Documents all services in electronic patient medical record
• Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention on
• Educates patients on wellness, prevention, and early detection by discussion and /or
providing materials and resources to the patients and families
• Provides routine office injections SQ, IM, or Intraarticular as per standards of care for
primary care providers and Cano Health care standards.
• Consults/collaborates with Cano Health Physician as needed regarding patient care,
assessment, and education issues in patients with complicated medical conditions.
• Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and
state guidelines, regulations and HIPAA.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing
• 5+ years’ nursing experience
• Valid nurse practitioner license
• Ability to work within a team and take direction
• Must be familiar with the EHR medical charting system
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal
computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit,
walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours
and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Requisition ID: 2021-1776
External Company URL: canohealth.com
Street: 1454 Central Boulevard