BrightStar Care Patient Care Nursing Assistant - PRN Staffing & Home Care Agency in Cleveland, Ohio
We want to give you the recognition and benefits you deserve. We offer flexible work schedules (PRN options available) on a variety of in-home and facility assignments. Weekend and evening opportunities are available.
Do you want to work with one of the highest paying home care agencies in the Cleveland area that genuinely cares about you? Are you looking for a job as a Patient Care Nursing Assistant where you can make a difference in people’s lives?
Come work with us and see how BrightStar Care® – Cuyahoga West (“BrightStar Care”) nursing assistants uphold A Higher Standard.
We are looking for EXCEPTIONALLY COMMITTED nursing assistants who want to take advantage of all the benefits we offer: weekly pay, earned paid time off, career advancement, family membership to rec center, free stuff and so much more!
At BrightStar Care® we value our employees and care about their well-being. We treat our nursing assistants like our best clients and strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including:
- Competitive wages
- Weekly pay w/direct deposit or debit card
- Paid overtime
Extra holiday pay Bonuses
Employee referral bonuses
- Employee of the month bonuses
Performance based bonuses Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Short-Term Disability
Life insurance Time off
Earned paid time off (PTO)
Paid bereavement leave Education
Training and continuing education opportunities
Paid professional development Wellness
Employee Assistance Program
Free family membership to Middleburg Hts Rec center Perks
Exclusive employee discount and gift programs
- Caregiver of the Year award program
- Free FOOD! Lots of snacks in the office and paid lunches
…AND SO MUCH MORE! Why work with BrightStar Care®?
We offer a variety of in-home and facility-based assignments with a mix of interesting cases, procedures and treatments
- We promote from within and offer many opportunities for career/professional growth
- We seek nursing assistants who are not afraid to shape the future of our business
- We're a nationally recognized home care brand with local community roots (every BrightStar Care® location is independently owned and operated)
- We offer a flexible schedule with weekend and evening opportunities
- We have mobile time tracking and care notes, which means you can easily clock in and out
- You can be part of a team that includes RN oversight on every case
- Lastly, we're minority- and female-owned, which makes us simply different...in a VERY GOOD WAY! Join the best and brightest! You will be working with one of the most prestigious brands in the industry. The BrightStar Care brand is HomeCare Pulse Employer of Choice and has earned the Joint Commission Enterprise Champion for Quality award for 8 YEARS RUNNING! (Over 95% of BrightStar locations are Joint Commission accredited or in process.)
- Provide care as directed by a nursing supervisor or according to the client’s plan of care, including but not limited to: bathing, grooming, oral care, dressing, undressing, toileting activities, taking and recording vital signs, and assisting with height and weight measurements, if necessary
- Assist clients with active and passive mobility work defined by the plan of care, and documenting observed changes to the Director of Nursing
Provide assistance with daily tasks, including but not limited to: feeding, meal preparation, linen changes, light housekeeping, providing transportation to doctor appointments, outdoor activities, and shopping Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program
- A current, valid state certification and in good standing
- Minimum one (1) year of documented home care assistance and/or direct care experience at an assisted living or skilled nursing facility, etc., is preferred
- Certified CPR and negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- Licensed driver with reliable and insured automobile (proof of insurance required)
- Must be able to stand walk, squat, bend, kneel, reach, twist, push and pull. Varied assistance is required depending on the mobility of the client. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Empathy for the needs of the client
- Adhere to HIPAA and ensure confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English and communicate effectively COVID-19 Announcement: BrightStar Care® offers you best-in-class training and precautions to ensure your safety every day. We follow strict COVID protocols, including daily evaluations, N95 mask fit testing, PPE provided to every employee, and ongoing updates with CDC guidelines. We know you are a superhero in scrubs, and we feel honored to be part of the COVID solution with you.
BrightStar Care - Cuyahoga West serves the west side of Cleveland and surrounding areas, including the cities of Avon, Avon Lake, Bay Village, Berea, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, Brooklyn, Brookpark, Fairview Park, Independence, Lakewood, Middleburg Heights, North Olmsted, North Royalton, Olmsted Falls, Olmsted Township, Parma, Parma Heights, Rocky River, Seven Hills, Strongsville, and Westlake.
BrightStar Care® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.