HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Dublin, Georgia
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as aPatient Care Techtoday withFairview Park Hospital.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. AtFairview Park Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are searching for a Patient Care Tech to join our patient-centered Telemetry Team in a full-time, night shift (7p-7a) position.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a PCT where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As aPCTin our Telemetry Department, you will deliver high-quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of important patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily listing. Under supervision of the RN, you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care with your skills and training and in accordance with the needs of our department. ThePatient Care Technicianwill consistently assist the patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized and safe patient care environment.
- You will obtain vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes
- You will answer patient call lights in a timely manner and respond to patient needs/requests
- You will assist patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulating, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed
- You will be responsible for safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD)
- You will be responsible for recording information in the patient’s medical records
- You will maintain close communication with physicians, nurses and other healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient’s care and condition
- You will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided, in conjunction with physicians and nurses
You will monitor supply levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed
Licensed as a CNA in this state OR be currently enrolled in a nursing program at an accredited school, having completed the Fundamentals of Nursing Course
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- 1 year of acute/hospital experience is preferred. Fairview Park Hospital is a leader in healthcare for the city of Dublin, Georgia, Dublin-Laurens County, and the surrounding communities. Fairview Park is a state-of-the-art, almost 200 bed acute care facility providing community healthcare services. Our commitment to providing the best for our community is evidenced by being named a primary stroke center, score of “A” on Patient Safety Report Card and being named one of the nation’s top 100 hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, IBM Watson Health. Additionally, Fairview Park Hospital has the area’s only accredited sleep center.
Whether it is golfing, fishing, shopping, volunteering or just spending time, Dublin-Laurens County offers a wide variety of leisure time activities including a month-long celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. Since 1966 this family-oriented celebration has grown into a major event, drawing thousands of visitors from all over the country. Dublin-Laurens County is centrally located in Middle Georgia half way between Atlanta & Savannah. Laurens County is the third largest county in Georgia based on land size with 45,000 residents. The City of Dublin is proud to be called one of the 10 Georgia Cities of Excellence by the Georgia Municipal Cooperation in competition with 55 other communities for “exemplary service to citizens.”
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethispheresince 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: *Nursing Assistant (CNA) *
Location: Georgia-Dublin-Fairview Park Hospital-Dublin
Requisition ID: 00384-3828