The Jewish Board Registered Nurse in Hawthorne, New York
Make a bigger difference
**WORKING WITH US**
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
**ABOUT THE JOB
Sally and Anthony Mann Center is a Residential Treatment Facility that serves emotionally vulnerable girls ages 12-21, who are challenged by trauma-related and psychiatric issues. The RTFs provide supervised living units and programs of therapeutic and educational services that emphasize family interaction and strengthening of community support networks.
The registered nurse (RN) is responsible for the complete nursing care and the performing of all routine medical procedures within the scope of the nursing practice for the clients under their charge. The RN generally reports to the Nursing Supervisor, however, in all matters of medication is supervised by the attending physician or administers the medication in line with an external physician's orders.
- Develop a treatment care plan based on clients' needs
- Administer prescribed and/or routine medical treatments
- Schedule clinic appointments and accompany the client when required.
- Function as the liaison between external medical health care providers, schools, other community organizations
- Responsible for health education and communicating information regarding good health practices to the client's under RN's care.
- Respond to medical emergencies immediately upon notification. Perform whatever triage is necessary to stabilize the client and provide access to all necessary medical treatment. Follow up to ensure complete recovery.
- Perform all necessary charting and other patient documentation as required by internal practice and external regulatory bodies.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented nurses of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- RN or BSN in nursing and New York State registration is required
- 1 year of experience in a residential setting or in the mental health field strongly preferred.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff \[300s\]
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree