Tuality Healthcare Geriatric Psych Nurse Leader-60116 in Hillsboro, Oregon
Summary of Duties
Functions as the Nurse Leader for the Geri Psych unit at Tuality Healthcare’s that will be opening later this year. Provides leadership and direction in accordance with the organizational philosophy and objectives. Assumes shift responsibility and accountability for all patient care activities, unit operation, and staff function. Ensures continuity of care on the unit by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by nurses and supportive staff. Fosters highly skilled professional practice and develops high functioning interdisciplinary teams. Participates in committees/teams as assigned. Provides timely, effective feedback to staff and actively contributes to the performance evaluation process in conjunction with the nurse manager or director. Functions in direct patient care 80% of time, education functions, unit projects as assigned, and relief administrative supervisor.
- External candidates: BSN
- Internal candidates: BSN required within two (2) years.
- A copy of your highest science-related academic diploma or transcript upon hire.
- ALL: Master's degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience
- Experience with quality improvement; developing initiatives, monitoring clinical care
- Management experience
Lice*nses, Certifications and/or Registrations:*
- ALL: Current license as registered nurse in state of Oregon.
- ALL: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- Women’s Services: Neonatal Resuscitation preferred upon hire and required within 90 days of hire.
- Medical Surgical, Critical Care, Cath Lab, and GI: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire.
- ED: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire. PALS or ENPC preferred upon hire and required within 90 days of hire.
- Day Surgery: ACLS and PALS preferred upon hire, required within 90 days of hire.
- ALL: Certification in field of specialty/discipline (refer to policy N-12U) or Nursing Leadership preferred within a year of hire.
- ED: TNCC
- Center for Geriatric Psychiatry: Horizon SECURE training preferred upon hire.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses knowledge of current concepts of nursing and medical practices, and skills necessary in providing appropriate care for patients unique needs based upon age, culture, ethnicity and belief systems.
- Demonstrates effective written, communication and interpersonal skills – body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing and questions, and applies them to change management, team building, and facilitation of team effectiveness.
- Exhibits effective conflict resolution skills and strong collaborative skills in daily interactions and decision-making.
- Demonstrates ability to use a personal computer efficiently.
- Must be able to function effectively and professionally in high stress and critical situations.
- Bilingual skills a plus
*At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community. *
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!
Additional Posting Information
Tuality Healthcare believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Department: Inpatient Geri/Psych-65402
Req #: 2019-5066
Job Type: Full Time (72+ hours per pay period)
Job Locations: US-OR-Hillsboro
# of Openings: 2
Budgeted Hours Per Pay Period: 72