CarePoint Health Management Associates Registered Nurse Gero Psych in Hoboken, New Jersey
arePoint Health is one of New Jersey’s leading health care systems comprised of three long-standing and highly-regarded hospitals – Christ Hospital in Jersey City, Hoboken University Medical Center and Bayonne Medical Center. CarePoint united three area hospitals to provide 360-degree-coordinated care by integrating the medical facilities and physician networks associated with these institutions. With over 4,500 employees, CarePoint is the largest private employer in Hudson County, New Jersey and each year provides care to over 300,000 individuals.
CarePoint prides itself on its patient-focused approach to care delivery, with an emphasis on preventative medicine, health education, and disease management. Leveraging its vast network of physicians and healthcare experts, CarePoint is quickly becoming recognized as a leader in the broader healthcare landscape as it pioneers creative solutions to address urgent population health needs.
General Statement of Position:
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all stakeholders
Primary Responsibilities: include the following but not limited to:
• Manages and coordinates the care of patients in a defined care delivery model, utilizing the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients with primarily Psychiatric illness.
• Provides direct care and or delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
• Demonstrates competent professional practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth.
• Participates and engages team in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with the interdisciplinary team.
• Accountable for patient/family education in collaboration with interdisciplinary care team and patient/family.
• Documents nursing care and patient status in accordance with the nursing process and standards of care.
• Provides a safe environment and promotes quality patient care through adherence to established standards.
• Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities.
• Engages self and team in establishing evidence-based practice and high standards of professional practice
• Contributes to the productivity and professional environment of the department.
• Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adapt for improvement of patient care and therapeutic processes
• Provide skilled nursing care to patients, including medication administration and monitoring patient status in the management of their physical and psychosocial needs
• Perform clinical assessment and treatment procedures as ordered by Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP)
• Provide a safe, therapeutic environment that protects patient rights
• Using therapeutic communication skills to develop a therapeutic rapport with assigned clients to facilitate effective therapies in psychosocial treatment in collaboration with clinical team
• Develop care plans using assessment data that integrates medical and nursing therapies per facility protocol
• Develops long and short-term goals consistent with treatment plans, standards of practice, and the plan of care, incorporating patient preference and discussing plan of care with patient
• Collaborate with other health care team members in delivery of health care services according to established standards and patient care principles
• Monitor client behavior to intervene when appropriate for therapeutic continuity and patient safety
• Observe clients for critical changes and initiates appropriate emergency procedures
• Provide effective management of crisis in acute psychiatric situations
• Evaluate, promote and educate patient health education
• Educate clients and staff in a variety of prevention, health promotion and maintenance interventions within specific nursing scope of practice
• Assist medical director in evaluating medication compliance and knowledge of the clients' prescribed medications
• Conduct nursing group therapy and/or education sessions
• Performs related duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• NJ License. Graduate of accredited Nursing school
• BSN Preferred
• Specialty Certification Preferred- Psychiatric Mental Health Certification
• At least two years acute care Psychiatric experience preferred in all patient populations
• Technical skills, Computer Skills
• Willing to Train
• Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization mission, vision, values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times,
• Positive interpersonal relationships, embody and patient/family centered philosophy
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with others.
• Ability for Critical thinking, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and co-ordinational skills
• Ability to prioritize and work autonomously.
• Strong communication and presentation skills. Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills
• Exhibit progressive professional development
• Demonstrates flexibility and reliability
• Ability to relate well to patients, families, co-workers, and physicians
Full Time 7:00pm-7:30am rotating weekends and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer
iCIMS Requisition ID: 2020-3699
Street: 308 Willow Avenue