HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Nurse Educator - OR (RN) in Houston, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a *Clinical Education Professional Development Educator * to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*HCA Houston Healthcare Division Office - Houston, TX*
*Clinical Nurse Educator - Education*
Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its ten hospitals and other free-standing facilities. This network model gives our patients access to a circle of care that is unrivaled in the region. From simple outpatient procedures to complex surgeries performed by specialists, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive care close to home.
Serving such a large and diverse region requires HCA Gulf Coast Division to offer a range of programs that meets the needs of young and old, acutely ill and chronically ill. Just some of our services and outreach efforts:
- Twenty-four-hour emergency care, both at designated Hospital Emergency Centers and off-site Emergency Care locations
- Life-saving intervention during cardiovascular and neurological incidents
- Comprehensive women’s care, from obstetric care to minimally invasive gynecological surgery
- Neonatal and pediatric intensive care
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, and monitoring support
- Education programs – child birth and child care classes, surgical seminars, physician speaker series
- Management centers for diabetes, heart failure, and other complex conditions
- Community partnerships with the American Heart Association, Joe Niekro Foundation, March of Dimes, and others.
What you will do in this role:
- The HCA Clinical Education Service Line (CESL) is part of our strategic nursing initiative to create an organizational structure (shared services) focused specifically on clinical education. The CESL will develop and deploy consistent world-class curriculum, content, and programs across HCA's 200 acute care facilities nationwide. The strategy of our center shared services implementation focuses on our amazing clinical educators dedicating their time in high value-add, top of skill efforts with our clinicians. To aid in this effort, HCA will leverage size and scale to share clinical education best practices across the enterprise and help make decisions that will positively impact our patient outcomes.
- The Clinical Professional Development Educator (CPDE) is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility.
- The CPDE actively collaborates in the entire orientation/onboarding process. This includes participating in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating on-boarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment
- Promotes cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient orientation/onboarding practices
- Role models organizational and personal commitment to new employee success
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator the logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders informed
- Collaborates with the Director Clinical Professional Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results
- Incorporates organizational values/culture
- Education is designed to improve professional practice and provision of quality care. To accomplish this goal the CPDS participates in designing and identifying educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, which may include licensed and non-licensed healthcare personal in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes. These activities are developed to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Assesses practice gaps.
- Identifies learning needs.
- Identifies desired outcomes
- Plans educational content delivery with learner engagement.
- Collaborates with Clinical Education Market Director to evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and feedback
- Promotes safe, quality and compassionate patient care.
- Aligns educational programs with organization’s policies and procedures
- Ensures that educational programs meet regulatory requirements.
- Understands adult educational theory and able to apply to the development of educational programs.
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
- Incorporates organizational values/culture.
- Supports new ideas and innovation in educational design
- Identifies resources for problem solving.
- Utilizes current, best evidence.
- Provides staff with resources and education to implement changes
What qualifications you will need for this role:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical related field.
* Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field * 3 years of experience in clinical education; 5 years’ experience in an acute care hospital * Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience * Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state(s) in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation. * Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center. * BLS
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Clinical Nurse Educator - OR (RN)
Location: Texas-Houston-The Woman%27s Hospital of Texas- Houston
Requisition ID: 27503-24920