Penn Medicine RN - Extended Home Infusion Nurse - PHIT - Northern Chester County - Full Time in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
RN - Extended Home Infusion Nurse - PHIT - Northern Chester County - Full Time
Job ID :98996
Job Category: Nursing
Specialty Area: Infusion Services
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: M-F 8 & 10 hour shifts available
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine at Home
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Address: 625 Clark Ave
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Home Infusion Therapy is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team in Northern Chester County. This is a field based, full-time day shift opportunity. The Clinical Nurse II is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
Penn Home Infusion Therapy offers comprehensive, wrap around care, managing all aspects of a patient’s infusion therapy in the home. This includes:
• Best-Practice, disease specific care teams that allow for expertise across oncology, nutrition, infectious disease, cardiology, and pain management
• Customized patient care plans developed by a multidisciplinary team that includes nurses and infusion pharmacists
• Collaboration with Penn Medicine at Home’s comprehensive programs to meet individualized patient needs
• Easy-to-read visual training aides that are therapy specific for patients and their families
• Nurses and managers available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
As a Clinical Nurse 2 with Penn Home Infusion Therapy (PHIT-PA), you will be providing care for patients in their homes, at every stage of the adult lifespan in New Jersey and the surrounding counties. Incumbent is responsible for managing sophisticated, high-tech and high compassion therapies which include the most recent oncology standards. Tasks may involve pain and symptom management, initiating new protocols for cardiology, and/or applying antibiotic, anticoagulant, hydration and total parental (TPN) therapies for patients who have severe illnesses. Additionally, incumbent is responsible for practicing within the home care regulations and reimbursement criteria. Our home care and home infusion nurses are specially trained and certified to administer all infusion therapies in the home. Our nurses are all able to maintain PICC (Peripherally Inserted Center Catheter) lines and to work with central venous access devices.
• Infusion therapy available through Penn Medicine at Home includes: IV antibiotics, Biologics, Chemotherapy, Nutrition, Hemophilic Therapies (Factor), Immune Globulin, Milrinone and Steroids.
• Supportive Therapies: Anti-emetics, Colony Stimulating Factor, Hydration (IVF), and Pain Management (PCA).
The PHIT Clinical Nurse must be able to function effectively under stressful situations with tight deadlines; be a self-directed, self-starter; demonstrate creative thinking ability, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to provide the expected standards of care; demonstrate the professional skill and judgment necessary to provide care within the autonomous setting of the patient’s home or at the various sites of hospice care; attend to the values and rituals important to the patient-family-community environments as well as upholding nursing practice and safety standards.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems and opportunities to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.
• Evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
• Collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine.
• Recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization and advancing community outreach.
• Minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers and self through system effectiveness and individual performance.
• Utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making across the continuum.
• Effectively engages in the process of cooperation, coordination, and collaboration in an effort to provide for safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams, including virtual teams.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing - required
Licensure, Certifications, and Registration Requirements:
• Active PA Registered Nurse License– required
• BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association
• Valid Driver’s License
• Active Auto Insurance policy
• Have a car
• Certification in a National Nursing Specialty, appropriate to practice needs or patient population
• 2+ years of progressive nursing experience in the setting of home care, home health agency/home infusion – required
• Two years of IV and/or chemotherapy experience.
Additional Information :
Territory: Northern Chester County including -
Downingtown, West Chester, Phoenixville, Exton, Honey Brook, Malvern, Glenmoore, Spring City, Chester Springs, Paoli, Berwyn, Devon, Thorndale, Elverson, Pottstown.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs