HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma ICU in Kingwood, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as aRegistered Nurse
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood– Kingwood, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma ICU PRN
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwoodis a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years. It is home to the area’s only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Children’s Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwoodis affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
• The ICU RN is responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the unit in order to provide quality patient care to patients ranging in age from adolescent to geriatric.
• The employee will be responsible for the knowledge and skill necessary to provide trauma intensive care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for adolescent, adult and geriatric population
• The registered nurse applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
• According to established facility policies and procedures, the registered nurse provides and supplies professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate.
• The registered nurse provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
What qualifications you will need:
• Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred • 1 or more years recent ICU experience as an RN highly desired • Trauma experience highly desired • Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state. • American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification • American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification • Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
*If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today! *
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma ICU
Location: Texas-Kingwood-HCA Houston Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-119627