HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager Med/Surg in Kissimmee, Florida
/Poinciana Medical Center is a four-story, 177,000 square foot hospital with 76 private beds and a six-bed private ICU. We provide a full range of acute care services including emergency services, inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging, inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy, and a full range of support services. Our ED is approximately 19,500 square feet and consists of 31 private treatment rooms, an EMS entrance and a helicopter pad./
_Nurse Manager Med/Surg_
Provides leadership and directs functions of assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis; ensure effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
* Provides leadership and demonstrates responsibility and accountability for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for assigned departments on a 24 hour basis. Ensures department's standard of nursing practice, nursing policies and procedures meet legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements."
* Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
* Develops and implements ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
* Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital. * Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
* Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
* Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
/We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Poinciana Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:/
/Student Loan Repayment/*
/Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs/*
/Paid Personal Leave/
/401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)/
/Identity Theft Protection discounts/
/Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options/
/Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)/*
/If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position./*
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Nurse Manager Med/Surg
Location: Florida-Kissimmee-Poinciana Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26450-16586