Southern Healthcare Management CNA (Certified Nursing Asst) Activities in Lake Worth, Florida
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Assists the Activity Manager in providing an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interests and physical, mental, and psychosocial well being of each patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists and works with individual volunteers and volunteer programs at the request of the Activity Manager.
• Assists with activity programs as planned to meet the functional levels, needs and interests of each patient as assigned by manager.
• Completes appropriate records indicating patient’s attendance and participation in individual and group activities in an accurate and timely manner.
• Completes assessments, MDS, care plans and gathers information to design activities that are multi-faceted, meet patients’ functional levels, and reflect needs and interests of each patient as assigned by supervisor.
• Assists with escorting patients to and from activities.
• Assists in the development of the Activity calendars.
• Provides personal care and services as needed: such as:
o Assisting with activities of daily living (turning and positioning, toileting and elimination, assistive devices, safety and cleanliness, bathing and grooming, feeding, maintaining mobility, nutrition and hydration, reporting abnormal signs and symptoms, data gathering, patient socialization and reality orientation, end-of-life care, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency care, postmortem care, residents rights, documentation of nursing-assistant services, and other tasks that a CNA may perform , bathing and grooming, feeding, and mobility)
o Obtains and records vital signs and weight as assigned.
• Accurately documents all care as required by company policy and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients’ call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping patient information confidential.
• Services and protects the facility by adhering to professional standards, company policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent, or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training.
• Active Certified Nursing Assistant
• Previous experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
In Manager’s absence, may supervise volunteers and others for whom the department is administratively and professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, see, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and/or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other bodily fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of residents’ protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
Licenses & Certifications
- Cert Nursing Assist