Cano Health Nurse Practitioner in Lakeland, Florida
At Cano Health, our culture is a “family of families”, growing stronger together to improve the lives of our patients, communities, and our associates. A culture that succeeds because of the hearts and minds of our people. Our values and guiding principles transform our lives with purpose and passion, becoming one focused source of hopeful change. A leadership culture that cultivates and empowers our people to gain ownership for their contributions and success. The Cano Movement is proof of what everyday people with a passion for health care can accomplish together.
Join the Cano Movement! The movement that doesn’t just offer a job, it offers an opportunity to serve and grow with purpose. At Cano you will be part of a collaborative team, dedicated to the pursuit of health & wellness excellence.
Cano Health offers competitive salaries, medical, dental & vision insurance, employee mental health program, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Under the direction of a licensed physician, Nurse Practitioners provides medical services to patient using approved patient care protocols; collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations and provides direct patient care services. Formulates and implements treatment and therapeutic plans for hospitalized patients.
• Provides comprehensive clinical primary patient care through interviewing, examining and establishing treating plan for patients to meet their health and wellness needs.
• Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications consistent with Medical Standards for patients and orders studies, tests, and ancillary care services as required
• Creates medically appropriate referrals
• Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence-based care and best clinical practice
• Documents all services in electronic patient medical record
• Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention on office visits.
• Educates patients on wellness, prevention, and early detection by discussion and /or providing materials and resources to the patients and families
• Provides routine office injections SQ, IM, or Intraarticular as per standards of care for primary care providers and Cano Health care standards.
• Consults/collaborates with Cano Health Physician as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues in patients with complicated medical conditions.
• Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines, regulations and HIPAA.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing
• 5+ years’ nursing experience
• Valid nurse practitioner license
• Ability to work within a team and take direction
• Must be familiar with the EHR medical charting system
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with eCW highly preferred
Cano Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Requisition ID: 2021-1959
External Company URL: canohealth.com
Street: 1421 US Highway 98
Post End Date: 11/12/2021