Prestige Healthcare Registered Nurse (RN) – Weekends in Lexington, Kentucky
NEW – RN Increased Wages Up to $43.31 per Hour!
At Northpoint Lexington Healthcare Center we are looking for a compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) such as you, to join our team. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to your career, so if you are looking for a place where you feel valued, supported and challenged, we invite you to apply.
While you are working hard to care for our residents and positively impact their quality of life, let us take care of you with competitive wages up to $43.31 per hour, a benefit package for you and your family, paid vacation and sick time in addition to opportunities to grow your career.
We are hiring for all shifts on our Monday - Friday schedule and our Weekend Shift, Full-Time and Part- Time.
Our Sub-Acute Unit provides ample opportunity to expand your clinical skills and knowledge. We know that having a balance between work and life is paramount to your well-being, so we are pleased to offer flexible work scheduling that best suits you and your needs. As safety is our number one priority for our residents and staff, we invite you to interview virtually or on-site, depending on your comfort level, to see if Northpoint Lexington is the right fit for you!
We can’t wait to meet you!
Plans, coordinates and provides total nursing care for our skilled nursing facility residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members. Scope of work may be modified by state specific rules under the Nurse Practice Act.
Graduate of accredited RN School of Nursing. Licenses/Certification:
Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state employed.
Valid CPR certification. Experience:
One year of nursing experience preferred. Essential Functions:
Initiates and leads team conferences in development of individualized nursing care plans.
- Assesses and documents the resident’s condition and nursing needs.
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with the resident’s needs and the person’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates LPNs, LVNs, and CNAs.
- Administers medications, starts IVs and performs treatments for assigned residents, and documents that treatment as required company, and local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures within the scope of state specified Nursing Practice Act.
- Ensures that supplies are utilized economically and that equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner.
- Reports and records pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents.
- Coordinates nursing care of residents when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in residents.
- Interviews applicants and recommends hires. Participates in counseling, disciplinary action and termination of staff, to extent permitted by state practice act.
Supervises nursing unit, which includes scheduling and directing the nursing staff to extent permitted by state practice act. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.