HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Seasonal PRN Registered Nurse PCU in McKinney, Texas
Seasonal Program - RN Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit
Seasonal PRN Program Runs 8/01/2021 through 03/26/2022
• $62.00/hour base pay
• $4,000 Completion Bonus
• 16 week Commitment
• Weekend and Holiday Requirement
• Minimum of 72 hrs per pay period (6 shifts)
- Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
- Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2021-2022 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in 2020-2021.
- Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Medical City McKinneyis a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
Visit our website at http://www.medicalcenterofmckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
The*Progressive Care Unit / ICU Stepdown *RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. * Carries out physician orders. * Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. * Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Instructs and educates patients and families. * Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
- Must have a minimum of 2 years recent experience as an RN in PCU, ICU, or Critical Care in a hospital environment
- Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Seasonal PRN Registered Nurse PCU
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-150123