AdventHealth Ocala -Assistant Nurse Manager - Med Surg - Ortho - Unit in Ocala, Florida
Assistant Nurse Manager Med Surg - Ortho Unit AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1stAve Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- AdventHealth Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full-time / Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicate with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrate respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participate and ensure that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
- Promote and validate iCARE compliance.
- Maintain responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of one-year hospital acute care RN nursing experience and one year prior leadership experience
- BLS, ACLS if required per department standards
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients' diagnosis, plan of care and core measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs.
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs