HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Nurse Coord Emergency Department in Okeechobee, Florida
*$15K Sign-On Bonus Available For Qualified Candidates!*
Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Emergency Department (Charge RN)
Full-Time (0.9 FTE), Days
Okeechobee, FL* *
Since 1979 Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. As the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County, Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care facility offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. Raulerson is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) as a Primary Stroke Center and provides comprehensive multi-modality diagnostic services accredited by the American College of Radiology. Raulerson’s surgical services include minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Raulerson Hospital is a unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, located in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. We are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many nursing students, who spend time with Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere amongst our staff and patients. We invite you to learn more about us and our community. * *
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Raulerson Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include: * Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments. * Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes. * Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition. * Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel. * Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. * Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. * Carries out physician orders. * Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. * Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients. * Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Instructs and educates patients and families. * Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* * * FL RN Licensure, or * Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions) * Current BLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications (American Heart Association or American Red Cross) * Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred * Ability to perform Administrative duties as assigned * Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience * Previous charge nurse experience preferred * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment * Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Clinical Nurse Coord Emergency Department
Location: Florida-Okeechobee-Raulerson Hospital - Okeechobee
Requisition ID: 00119-3203