Penn Medicine Assistant Nurse Manager - PACU - Penn Medicine Princeton Health, Plainsboro, NJ in Plainsboro, New Jersey
Assistant Nurse Manager - PACU - Penn Medicine Princeton Health, Plainsboro, NJ
Job ID :105922
Job Category: Nursing
Specialty Area: Management/Supervisory
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Days/Variable
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine at Princeton Health
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Address: 1 Plainsboro Road
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The PACU Assistant Nurse Manager assumes responsibility and accountability for the direction, implementation and evaluation of patient care services within the specialty assigned at the direction of the Nurse Manager. Additionally:
• The Assistant Nurse Manager ensures the delivery of patient care through the coordination of customer services, leadership and management of the nursing unit at the direction of the Nurse Manager. This position assists the Nurse Manager in coordinating interdepartmental and ancillary activities to ensure quality, cost-effective patient care. This position assists the Nurse Manager in directing the preparation and maintenance of patient’s clinical record, including nursing and medical treatments and related services provided by the Registered Nurse.
• The Assistant Nurse Manager assists the Nurse Manager in leading the patient care team to meet the needs of the customers and to achieve departmental objectives.
• The Assistant Nurse Manager assists the Nurse Manager in ensuring that the staff participates in educational activities and the evaluation process to enhance their personal growth and development.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The Assistant Nurse Manager follows the standards of the Registered Nurse within the defined job position related to the cost center.
Creates a customer-friendly environment consistent with the organization's patient-care model. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests, representatives, as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff. Supports the organizations mission to provide consistent quality health care services in a professional, caring and responsive environment.
• Maintain professional growth and development through formal education, seminars, workshops, professional affiliations, and encourage staff to do the same.
- Assumes accountability for unit functionality in accordance to the Princeton Healthcare Systems standards.
• Develops a plan for staffing and supplies ensures the unit operates within budgetary means upon direction of the manager.
• Utilize personnel efficiently and assure cost-effective utilization of supplies.
• Interprets and effects administrative policy and procedures.
Consults and collaborates with colleagues to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of patient care.
Coordinates Staff Members:
• Mentors growth and development of all staff.
• Supports chain of communication through team structure.
• Facilitates leadership roles of professional and support staff.
• Evaluate performance of team members to ensure quality of service line and technical.
- Provide consultation, mentoring, and guidance for Team Members and encourages participation in development of departmental goals through delegation to ensure appropriate selection, training and supervision patient care team.
Minimum Requirements :
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of.
Related Work Experience:
• Perioperative experience of two years or more preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Active New Jersey Registered Nurse License required.
• BCLS certification - required
• ACLS certification - required
• PALS certification - required within 3 months of hire.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Critical thinking skills required.
• Demonstrates leadership ability, collaborative and customer service skills required.
• Basic computer skills including word and excel required.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of data collection, research protocols, etc.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs