Penn Medicine Licensed Practical Nurse - Full-time (Plainsboro, NJ) in Plainsboro, New Jersey
Licensed Practical Nurse - Full-time (Plainsboro, NJ)
Job ID :92358
Job Category: Nursing
Specialty Area: LPN
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: This is a full-time day opportunity.
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine Princeton Health
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Address: 5 Plainsboro Road
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse for our Princeton Medicine Physicians, our network of physician offices dedicated to excellence in primary and specialty medical care. We are committed to providing exceptional care and service to each of our patients, every day. Our practices are skilled in preventive healthcare, as well as surgical and non-surgical treatment of acute and chronic health conditions.. This position will float to up to 23 practices and will assist with patient education/swabbing at Covid 19 Drive Up Tent locations.
Provide clinical services that include collection of information, leadership of activity and education groups, treatment plan input, and documentation for all services provided. To schedule and track physician visits and laboratory work within the assigned partial hospital program or site.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide assistance to the treatment team by: managing patients in the milieu, participating in the implementation of the multidisciplinary treatment plan, identifying significant changes in patients' clinical status and communicating this information to appropriate member(s) of the treatment team
• Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborate with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
• Schedule MD time in accordance with requirements set for routine visits. Allow for MD schedule changes due to changes in patient presentation and work with Program Director, Coordinator, and clinicians in triage of patients. Track, record and bill each MD visit.
• Collect specimens for laboratory work as prescribed by the physician.
• Collect health data of patients as requested.
• Conducts individual and group activity and education sessions.
• Document each treatment session in accordance with Princeton House documentation policies.
• Participate in treatment rounds, working with treatment team to coordinate care through exchange of clinical information
Minimum Requirements :
• Graduate of a nursing program as an LPN.
Related Work Experience
• Previous experience in treatment of the program's patient population.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Active Practical Nurse License in the state of New Jersey
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required professionalism essential.
• Also required are a customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs