Penn Medicine Registered Nurse (Tier I) - Critical Care Unit - Per Diem (Plainsboro, NJ) in Plainsboro, New Jersey
Registered Nurse (Tier I) - Critical Care Unit - Per Diem (Plainsboro, NJ)
Job ID :90148
Job Category: Nursing
Specialty Area: Critical Care
Primary Shift: Night
Work Schedule: 7PM-7AM
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine at Princeton Health
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Address: 1 Plainsboro Road
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Employment Type: Per Diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (Tier I) to join our team in the Critical Care Unit in Plainsboro, NJ. This is a per diem night shift (7PM-7AM) opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be available to work:
• Work one entire shift per schedule (minimum 8 hours) (a schedule is equivalent to a 4-week period or 1 month)
• Work one PMPH holiday per calendar year. Per Diem RNs will be paid time & a half for all hours worked on these holidays.
• Work one shift, based on your hired shift, ‘difficult to staff’ work days per calendar year (Easter, Mother’s Day, Halloween, ‘Black Friday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Valentines Day or New Year’s Eve)
The Llura & Gordon Gund - Center for Critical Care is a 24 bed unit, of which, 8 beds are designated as IMCU (Intermediate Care Unit). The Center for Critical Care is located on the 3rd floor (West Side) of the Atkinson Pavilion. The Critical Care Unit is a specialized unit in the hospital where patients with critical illness or injury receive extensive, round-the-clock care and monitoring. Through the program, the care of each patient in the ICU is carefully and closely managed by a compassionate team of intensivists. This model of care is known as a "closed" ICU, because the care of all patients is coordinated by staff intensivists.
As a Registered Nurse in the Critical Care Unit you will be responsible for providing care to critical or unstable adult patients requiring intensive treatment, monitoring and complex nursing care. Nursing care may involve continuous or hourly monitoring, vasoactive drips, antiarrhythmic drips, central line care, airway management, EVD monitoring, arterial lines, bedside procedures, post-code stabilization, trach care, wound care, and chest tubes.
Our Critical Care Unit provides continuous cardiac monitoring and specialized care such as:
• Continuous non-invasive ventilation (Bipap), Mechanical Ventilation, CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy), Targeted Temperature Management (hypothermia post code care), Intra-aortic Balloon Pump therapy, Transcutaneous or Transvenous Pacing, and post STEMI care.
We care for individuals with conditions resulting from:
• Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
• Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
• End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
• ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI with PCI)
• Substance withdrawal
• Diabetic emergencies
Post op populations include:
• Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
• Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)
• Breast flaps
• Vascular surgery
• Complex surgical patients requiring continuous mechanical ventilation
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for a defined period of time
• Uses evidence-based assessment techniques to collect and document comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health
• Analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses or issues.
• Develops plan of care that is prescriptive of strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes in conjunction with persons-served/family and the healthcare team.
• Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patients served, considering persons-served/family cultural values, ethics, environment, and other associated risks, benefits, costs and current scientific evidence.
• Coordinates implementation of the individualized plan of care and documents interventions and any modifications of the identified plan.
• Utilizes the plan to guide those involved in the care of the patient across the continuum
• Evaluates and documents progress toward attainment of outcomes, including the patient and others involved in the care or situation.
• In order to achieve the outcomes defined in the plan of care, the registered nurse will assure that persons served experience exceptional cooperation among all members of the health care team who treat them and each other with dignity, respect and sensitivity.
• Responsible for effectively transitioning plan of care with attention to continuity across shift and settings of care
Minimum Requirements :
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN); or at least in pursuit of - required
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Active NJ Registered Nurse license - required
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) - required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Saving certification (ACLS) - required
Related Work Experience:
• One year or more of Telemetry and/or Critical Care nursing experience
• Specialty Certification - preferred
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Computer Literacy
• High Level of Physical Strength, Stamina and Agility
• Great Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs