HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Seasonal CCU/ICU in Plano, Texas
At Medical City Plano, we care like family. Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Critical Care/ICU Registered Nurse – Seasonal PRN Status with a Full-time Schedule Night Shift 7P – 7A
Applying the standards set forth for nursing practice by the American Nurses Association (ANA), theICU RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for unit patients. • Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care • Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements • Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. In our 26-bed Critical Care Unit, the Level 1 Trauma RN team delivers professional nursing care to all types of acutely ill patients including Open Heart, Vascular and Sepsis. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
SEASONAL STAFF PROGRAM [Runs through March 26, 2022]
Must have at least two (2) years acute care RN experience in the area of specialty – ICU/CCU
Pay Rate: $62/hour
A completion bonus of $4000 to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36-week season.
• All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
• Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another faccility that has an emergent staffing need.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4-week period.
• During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirememt contribution per the PRN policy.
• All seasonal RNs will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT, PT and PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2021-2022.
• Shifts may vary basedon the needs of the department.
Medical City Planois a full-service, Magnet-designated 603 bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services, including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
What you need to be successful: • ADN required and BSN preferred • Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted • Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross • *Must have at least two (2) years Critical Care/Intensive Care acute care hospitalRN experience in the area of specialty *
HCA is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Seasonal CCU/ICU
Location: Texas-Plano-Medical City Plano
Requisition ID: 00058-150249