HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedics in Port St Lucie, Florida
Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedics Unit Full Time Night Shift 0.9 FTE * *St. Lucie Medical Center Port St. Lucie, FL * * Sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates * *
Facility Description: St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The Orthopedic & Spine Institute RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources
- Carries out physician orders
- Assess, plan and evaluate patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for risk factors
- Manage the patient's pain
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Provides age- and culturally-appropriate care
- Orients and mentors new staff members
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Customer service abilities including effective listening and communication skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Motivated team player with a flexible attitude and willingness to contribute as needed
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedics
Location: Florida-Port St Lucie-St. Lucie Medical Center - Treasure Coast
Requisition ID: 00476-6076