HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Grad RN Nurse Residency Surgical Unit in Reston, Virginia
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization? Come and join HCA’s StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
/At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Click //here //to see what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team./
Reston Hospital Center* is*a Level II Trauma Center, HCA Healthcare, and Joint Commission Accredited facility.Our team treats a variety of surgical patients, including those recovering from breast, cancer, gastrointestinal, general, gynecologic and urogynecologic, lung and thoratic, neurosurgery, orthopedic, spine, urological, and bariatric surgeries. We are ranked top 10% in the nation for Patient Safety for the last four consecutive years.
_HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program_
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
11 Week Orientation:
- 5 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and EKG (Electrocardiogram), TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, and CPI (Crisis Prevention) certifications
- 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
*Two year commitment required to unit and facility*
· Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months__
· Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam__
· Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred__
· Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an extensive total compensation and benefits package. In addition to job security and the reputability that comes with HCA, your benefits will include a competitive salary, 401k with 3-9% matching, paid time off,extended FMLA, four medical plan options, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount programs, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, and more.
*Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. *We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care. Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Grad RN Nurse Residency Surgical Unit
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-NGRHCSurg