HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER PRN in Richmond, Virginia
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospitalis a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
*HCA * * 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List * One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. * Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years * Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
About the Unit :
- 25 Bed ER
- Dedicated Autism and Sensory friendly Pediatric ER
- A Level II Trauma Center
- AccreditedPrimary Stroke Center- we have been certified for providing critical treatments for improved outcomes in long-term stroke care
- Gold Seal for Chest Pain accredited byThe Joint Commission- streamlining the treatment process to improve outcomes. * * Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the Emergency Department patient.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Displays competency in the charge nurse and triage roles by supervising the delivery of care.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
- Assesses, initiates, and evaluates education of patient/family, self and others
EXPERIENCE Required - Current Virginia license or license pending state board approval. Preferred - One year experience in Emergency services.
EDUCATION Required - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preferred - BSN or enrolled in a Bachelor of nursing program.
CERTIFICATIONS Required - BLS Preferred - ACLS, PALS, and CPI required within six (6) months of hire TNCC and ENPC as available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital
Requisition ID: 00448-54932