Washington University of St. Louis RN Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Pediatrics Rheumatology - 50239 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Rheumatology. The position is located at St. Louis Children's Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides comprehensive patient care, coordination, consultation, and education Immunology patients and families in the outpatient setting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ongoing responsibility for education of patients and families regarding all aspects of the immunology disease process.
- Actively participate in coordination of multi-disciplinary support for immunology patients and their families
- Coordinates patient care, orders diagnostic test, labs, conveys finding to physician, coordinates patient appointments and assists with referrals.
- Manage outside calls regarding patient care and triage to include calls from families, outside physicians, clinics, out-patient labs, and home care organizations.
- Maintain medical records with appropriate and timely documentation of patient information.
- Assist with Pre-Certifications from carriers as necessary for procedures, drugs, hospital admissions, or any aspect of treatment.
- Assures for patient compliance with study protocols and adherence to treatment regimes. Assists data managers with specimen collections and recording of appropriate data as required.
- Acts as liaison and team leader by facilitating communication and coordination of care between patients, families and health team members.
- Demonstrates cost-effective work habits by setting priorities and managing supplies (pharmaceutical and clinical) and equipment.
- Compliance with environmental and safety regulations, infection control and quality assurance.
- Actively participate in developing in-service education for co-workers, staff, and inpatient nurses when appropriate.
- Maintains current CPR.
- Other projects and duties as needed under the direction of the Nursing Manager, Clinic Medical Director, or Clinical Administrator.
- Coordination of care for pediatric patients in the ambulatory care setting. Provide continuation of care as clinical resource and liaison for patients and staff.
- Provide patient and family education with regard to protocol therapy, medication side effects and disease processes, as well as provide emotional, financial support.
- Create teaching tools for families and nurses regarding various diagnoses, treatment plans, medication etc. as well as provide education for patients and families.
- Serve as a liaison between departments (APC, radiology, nuclear medicine, heart station, etc.) to develop workflow process improvements.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with two years of nursing experience.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Currently licensed in the state of Illinois and/or Missouri RN licensure, as applicable to work location in accordance with the Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Experienced nurse.
- Preferable experience in immunocompromised patient populations and or hematology/oncology, but not necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to assist during in office procedures.
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide pediatric dermatology patient care, which includes administering medications, procedures, and monitoring patient status according to approved nursing practice.
The hiring range for this position is $53,705 - $96,678 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS: Outpatient pediatric immunology clinic area on the 2nd floor of St. Louis Children's Hospital, Suite 2A, and Children’s Specialty Care Center. Moderate to high stress level in a fast-paced, busy area with multiple and simultaneous tasks to perform. Frequent contact with patients, staff, physicians, and administrative personnel. Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Pediatrics Rheumatology - 50239
Job ID: 50239
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time