HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Operating Room PRN in St Petersburg, Florida
/At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!/
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our OR team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
- Department Overview*
- Number of Staff: 60
- 7 Main Operating Rooms plus one cystoscopy room
- 3 Endoscopy Rooms (10-15 cases per day; Olympus Equipment-180 series scopes)
- Type of Cases: Robotic GYN, Robotic Urology, Robotic General Surgery, Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, General, GU, GYN, ENT, Thoracic, Vascular, Plastics, and Laparoscopic Lap Banding
- Approximate Number of Cases Performed: Varies…15-25 per day, 4000 annually
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified), Physician Assistant
- Major Equipment Used: Steris OR tables, sterilizers, Valley Lab cautery units, headlights, Dyonics and Olympus video systems, Stryker and Anspauch powered- instrumentation, Zeiss microscopes, specialized tables (cysto, Andrews), Olympus endoscopes, Harmonic Scalpel, Gyrus Generator, and Ligasure units, etc.
- Da Vinci® SI Surgical System: SPGH's surgical team was the first in Central Florida to performrobot-assisted minimally-invasive general surgeryusing this system. In addition, gynecology and urology procedures are currently being performed with the DaVinci Robot at St. Pete General.SPGH is one of 25 Robotic Epicenters in the US and only one of 2 Epicenters in the state of Florida. In April, 2012 SPGH was the first hospital in Pinellas County, Florida to perform single site Robotic Cholecystectomy.
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Founded in 1969, St. Petersburg General Hospital is a 215-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. St. Petersburg General is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Education* * Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred *Experience* * Must live within 30 minutes of hospital for on-call requirements * Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills *Licensure/Certification* * Current Florida State Registered Nurse License * BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Red Cross or American Hearth Association required; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Operating Room PRN
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg
Requisition ID: 01387-6065