AdventHealth Registered Nurse ICU FT Nights in Tavares, Florida
AdventHealth Waterman Tavares, Florida
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
$15,000.00 Sign On Bonus, $5,000.00 Relocation available
Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
State of the art unit with "Pod" Structure
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
Work Hours/Shift : 3 12/hours shifts FT Nights
**Internals do not qualify for Sign On Bonus
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Knowledgeable of all technical duties and responsibilities for the registered nurse in area of expertise.
- Participates in interdepartmental or hospital performance improvement activities.
- Hourly / Nurse Leader Rounds
- Equipment/Supply Utilization Monitoring for Safety
- Annual Clinical Competencies
- Collaborates with Medical Staff and ancillary departments to coordinate patient care.
- Ensures that staff manages and documents patient care according to guidelines.
- Collaborates with the clinical instructors in planning and evaluating nursing student’s clinical experience.
- Sets the tone for a productive, professional work environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists the Nurse Manager/Director in assuring staff is well informed on corporate, departmental, and unit plans, goals, and objectives.
- Coaching / Counseling
- Determines assignments and delegates nursing care activities
- Demonstrates effective problem resolution skills.
- New Hire Preceptor/Mentor
- Functions as a leader in the clinical role. Implements the nursing process to manage patient care problems of a complex and changing nature as demonstrated by documentation and observation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality measures that directly affect patient outcomes
- Facilitates discharge planning
- MPPID scanning
- IPOCs utilization
- Supervises less skilled nursing and healthcare personnel
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of a School of Nursing, Associates Degree or Diploma.
- 1 year RN experience
- Must be fluent in English (read, verbal and written skills)
- Current Florida RN license or if New graduate, offer contingent on passing NCLEX
- Current AHA Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- BSN or Bachelor in Healthcare related field preferred
Department Specific :
- Current AHA ACLS at time of hire for ED, ICU, CVICU, PCU, OR, PACU, MED/SURG Observation Unit, Endoscopy, and Surgical Services, Pediatrics, Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept., Cardio DI, Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab
- Obtain AHA ACLS within 90 days of hire – OB/GYN
- Current AHA NRP certification for Pediatrics, Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept.
- Current AHA PALS certification for ED, Pediatrics
- Obtain AHA PALS within 90 days of hire - Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept. and OB/GYN
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members. Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients during a designated time frame. The RN provides care consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of the facility and the Florida State Board of Nursing Practice Act.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs