Washington State L&I Occupational Nurse Consultant Tumwater-WA in Tumwater, Washington
Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning and Growth, Reliability.* *
Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and we provide one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. Here at the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), we believe that your voice matters. We value our employees and offer flexible schedules that respect your work/life balance. In addition, L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 3 million workers. Learn more about L&I, the employer of choice here.
The Occupational Nurse Consultant provides recommendations to claim adjudication staff to promote and maintain proper and necessary heath care for injured workers under Labor and Industries Industrial Insurance Services. As an *Occupational Nurse Consultants *you will be empowered to assess the quality and quantity of health care services provided to injured workers by coordinating benefits with external providers. Occupational Nurse Consultants must fully comprehend and adhere to all department RCW, WAC, payment policies, Claim Administration policies, medical treatment guidelines, and coverage decisions when providing consultative services.
To learn more about L&I, please click on the link below! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8U0Js4sXZA
- Review claim file to compile an accurate record of the medical interventions and the worker’s response to those interventions.
- Integrate knowledge of medical and nursing concepts into the workers' compensation system to determine the causal relationship of an industrial injury or occupational disease.
- Recommend a plan of action to assist claim adjudicator in the medical management of claims to ensure workers receive all appropriate proper and necessary care.
- Identify injured workers current health care needs in order to assist the worker in moving toward independence within the limitations of their disability.
- Communicate recommendations verbally and in writing to claim adjudicator and medical providers on proper and necessary treatment for the allowed industrial injury or occupational disease.
- Consult with members of other professional disciplines. These may include consultants (internal and external), nurse case managers or others.
- Assess ongoing health care and nursing needs of a worker to facilitate the plan of care.
- Authorize home health care, skilled nursing facility admission, infusion therapy, residential care, hospice care, and nurse delegation services.
- Determine the need for contracting with a nurse case manager, authorizing case management and formulate goals for comprehensive health care coordination.
- Monitor progress in achieving goals and revise goals as necessary. Qualifications
- Valid Registered Nurse license, with either a current Washington license or the ability to obtain a Washington license within six months.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and/or advanced nursing degree or equivalent and five years of acute care clinical nursing experience or experience with worker’s compensation insurance.
- A Master’s degree in a health care discipline will substitute for one year of required nursing experience.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Two years of nursing consultative, administrative, or supervisory experience over health care professionals. Proficient using computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite. Supplemental Information
_Application Process: _
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described in the announcement.
Please include the following documents with your application: 1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications. 2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education. 3. A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Prior to any new hire into L&I, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
- Employees driving on state business shall have a valid driver's license. If driving a privately owned vehicle on state business, must be insured.
- Candidates who are offered a job with L&I must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers. For further information please contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Employer
Here at Labor and Industries our employees come from all walks of life as do we. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We believe in the importance of recognizing the value each of us contribute to the success of the mission of the agency. Having a diverse workforce is this agency’s greatest resource of strength and knowledge. It is through the combination of talents and abilities that we can pursue finding effective measures on how we can provide the best customer service. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone and we strongly mean everyone.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance in the application process or testing process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our award-winning diverse and inclusive organization.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, program, or the agency please contact Georgina Holland at Hogi235@lni.wa.gov.
Salary: $6,576.00 - $8,842.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Job Number: 2020-08865
Closing: 1/28/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact