Washington State DSHS ALTSA RN Nursing Home / Community Complaint Investigator in Union Gap, Washington
Nursing Consultant Institutional
Follow your passion for nursing beyond the bedside as an RN Nursing Home/Community Complaint Investigator for long-term care programs in the state of Washington. Our office is located in Union Gap, Washington state within Yakima county.
Working with the Residential Care Services Division investigation and licensing teams, you will conduct onsite Adult Family Home, Assisted Living Facility, and Nursing Home complaint investigations, conduct interviews, observe residents and their environment, and complete record reviews. This is a challenging role requiring the ability to learn about and balance the needs of several projects and programs while maintaining a high level of organization. The ability to organize is vital in this position.
What your first 6 months look like:
- Complete training for all three long term care programs where you'll work to improve services: Nursing Homes, Adult Family Homes, and Assisted Living Facilities
- Become independent in the role as a compliant investigator to ensure safety and well-being for the vulnerable adult population who are in a long-term care setting
- You will be paired with a mentor and will train at headquarters for each program, gradually performing work independently while in communication with a mentor and Field Manager
Some of what you'll do:
- Conduct federal certification full and abbreviated complaint investigation surveys, to include the federal Long Term Care Survey Process, and state licensure surveys; complete reports
- Complete work in different programs on a fast-paced schedule
- Advocate for the vulnerable adult population we serve
- Make observations of resident services and care and the physical environment in which the services are provided
- Occasionally participate in surveys with a team and frequently complete complaint investigations in Long-Term Care Facilities
- Observe and interview residents, staff, family members and others associated with the residents
- Obtain information regarding residents' care and services from professional records
- Serve as team leader for designated surveys, including planning the survey, making team assignments, problem-solving, and communicating findings to the facility
- Participate in education, training and administrative hearings
What we are looking for:
- Proven ability to adapt and perform in a fast-paced environment, quickly shifting between programs and projects while staying organized
- Experience with complaint investigation surveys
- Strong knowledge of long-term care best practices and regulations
- Experience presenting investigative findings
- An eagerness to learn both independently and collaboratively
Who should apply: Professionals with a valid Washington State Registered Nurse license Plus one of the following:
- Master of Nursing/Master of Science in Nursing and 2 years of RN experience in a long term care setting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with 3 years as an RN in a long-term care setting
- Licensed Registered Nurse in Washington State plus 5 years' experience as an RN in a long term care setting
For questions about the application process, contact Anthony Distefano at email@example.com or call the DSHS Talent Acquisition line at 360-725-5810.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Salary: $78,912.00 - $129,312.00 Annually
Location: Yakima County - Union Gap, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2021-00325
Closing: 1/27/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact