South Georgia Medical Center NURSING ASSISTANT in United States
To deliver services which are supportive of the nursing care given by licensed and professional nurses. To perform duties in a manner that enhances each residents dignity, self esteem, mental, and physical well being. Provides responsive and compassionate care which is individualized for each resident. Demonstrates personal attributes and behaviors which enhance the management of the unit thus the care of the resident. Fulfills responsibility to the organization by adhering to its philosophy and general policies.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES *
- Education and Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) required. CPR certification required.
- Recent (within last six (6) months) experience in CNA role in Acute Care or Long Term Care Setting is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, perform simple calculations, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to communicate clearly with, and care for a variety of people
- Flexible in scheduling and assignments.
- Evidence of personal health and hygiene.
- Ability to operate telephone, intercom system, calculator, and beeper.
- Ability to recognize and report changes in patient condition.