Catholic Health Services Nursing Asst in West Islip, New York
Nursing Asst Facility:Good Samaritan Hospital Location:West Islip, NY Department:Neonatal ICU Category:Direct Care / Aides Schedule:Part Time, Variable Days with Holiday coverage Shift:Night shift Hours:2300-0700 ReqNum:6038428
30hours a week/benefit eligible
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
A Nursing Assistant is responsible for assisting in the safe treatment and care of patients in accordance with established policies and procedures and age of patients served on the unit.
• Completion of Nursing Assistant program, BOCES or Military Hospital Corps School or equivalent with current New York State CNA certification or completion of a Nursing fundamentals course or equivalent within a RN program or a minimum of 2 years' experience working as a Nursing Assistant.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of safety and infection control practices.
• Knowledge of computer systems and/or prior clerical experience required.
• BLS or CPR/AED training required and accepted from only 2 organizations: American Heart Association - BLS/ACLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program American Red Cross - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. No online programs from any organization will be accepted.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Apply (https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/chsli/#/signin?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpm.healthcaresource.com%2FCS%2Fchsli%2F%23%2FBeginApplication%3FJobId%3D21564) CH Employees
Click Here to Apply