MaineGeneral Health Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) - Winthrop Family Medicine - Full Time in Winthrop, Maine
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) - Winthrop Family Medicine - Full Time
Winthrop Family Medicine
149 Main Street
Winthrop, Maine, 04364
MaineGeneral Health is a leading health care system that is proud of the culture of excellence, compassion and collaboration that extends to our patients and their families. We are committed to attracting talented, ambitious people who share our values and strive to provide excellent customer service. We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) to join our growing Winthrop Family Medicine practice. If you have a passion for service excellence…we want to hear from you!
This is a full time position with a weekdays schedule.
• Opportunity to work with a very friendly, supportive team, including 8 providers
• Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability options
• Retirement savings with potential for employer match
• Generous Earned Time Program
• Loan reimbursement opportunities for Bachelors prepared RNs
• Continuing Education Opportunities/Tuition Reimbursement
• Robust Employee Wellness Program
• Growth opportunities within the organization
• Dedication to employee safety, wellness and work/life balance
• Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
• Takes calls from patients/caregivers requesting assistance. Provides advice, referrals, and patient education. For symptomatic patients determines the necessity and type of care needed and advises caller regarding appropriate care.
• Performs administrative duties to coordinate patient care, including data collection, answering phones, scheduling tests/procedures and appointments, calling in prescriptions, determining insurance coverage, and billing and receiving payments.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Active Maine RN licensure or ability to obtain same in a timely fashion
• 1 year of RN experience, strongly preferred
• Excellent teamwork, communication and collaboration skills
• Proven and demonstrated critical thinking skills
• Strong assessment skills
• Ability to react calmly, objectively and effectively in emergency situations
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic, are encouraged to apply.